The powers that be who manage the billions of emails darting around the world and through the cloud keep lists about who's been naughty and who's been nice. These lists are called whitelists and blacklists. I think it is pretty clear which is the list you want to be on and which you want to avoid.
Here are a few things that will get you on the wrong side of the email police:
- Sending too many emails with the same content in a short space of time
- Including words like ‘free’, ‘win’, ‘prize’, ‘offer’ etc.
- Sending your email formatted as one big image - you should have more text that images, if you have any images at all
- Including too many attachments or very large attachments, if you have attachements at all
Here are a few reasons you do not want to end up on the blacklist:
- Permanent reputational damage
- Missing out on potential sales
- Messages which are delivered will be marked as spam and are usually deleted by users
- Messages getting deliered to the "promotions" folder of Gmail
Avoid the blacklist...keep emails personal. Include content relevant to your lead and don't use many images or attachments. Otherwise you may end up on the blacklist!
Subscribe to Inside PropertySimple - Real Estate Branding, Marketing, & Insider Blog
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox